Thursday, September 2, 2010

On Time

There is something to be said for certain skills. There are certain skills that really are invaluable. If you are going to be in any type of business, one of those skills is professionalism. Being professional is a way to make sure that you get more work.

"What does that mean," you ask? It is quite simple. It means that you do what you say you will do and if you can't you let the client know what is going on and when they can expect the project can be done. Excuses are okay, as long as they are valid. Very few people are unforgiving when it comes to real life getting in the way. It happens to the best of us. Just let us know.

This is totally coming from a personal spot at the moment. I had originally wanted Geasa to be out by Gen Con. Well, the Ashcan at any rate. The reason I got was that I hadn't provided enough direction. Then we talked on the phone and I was told that I had given enough details to get some preliminary sketches done. Then I got nothing.

Now I find myself scrambling to find a designer who will produce material for me. Maybe this way I can make my goal of having it out by October.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

No comments:

Firestorm Ink's Fan Box